PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND DESIGN
Learning outcome: By the end of the course, the participants shall be capable of:
- Increasing their innovativeness;
- Reducing their flop rate in innovation projects;
- Accelerating the product time development time;
- Improving the design of their products to international standards;
- Reducing the risks for the market launch.
Improving the project planning: developing road-maps for innovation assignments that adjust organizational skills, technologies and capabilities to the requirements of the target markets and the overall technological changes:
Sourcing of innovation —
- Streamlining in-house R&D
- Facilitating the acquisition of external technological knowhow through in-licensing, JVs, contracting-out, etc.
- Enhancing idea generation and knowledge management (incl. creative techniques)
Organizing the development process —
- Reorganizing the value-chain for technical development through simultaneous engineering, outsourcing, the integration of suppliers, the dissociation between precompetitive research and innovation projects.
- Strengthening the design standards.
Preparing the market launch —
- Ensuring customer involvement
- Improving the analysis of customer preferences through customer value and conjoint analyses
- Establishing distribution networks
Review of the existing academic state-of-art knowledge —
- Comparative study of national/international innovation patterns;
- Analysis of the success factors for companies distinguished for a high innovation performance;
- The status quo of technological development and the aspect of eco-innovation.